San Diego, CA
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
This position will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining financial reports, graphs and presentations globally at all levels of the commercial organization and will report to the Finance Manager. This will require becoming familiar with how financial data is generated and consumed across the business. Data analyst will also be involved in the expense allocation process including the creation and maintenance of allocation rules and inputs. Data analyst may also conduct research to determine the best means of obtaining and transforming data into management reports and dashboards
An ideal candidate must have significant technical proficiencies, is familiar with financial reporting and concepts, and has a passion for data. Proficiencies should include advanced excel knowledge including complex formulas, Power Pivot, and some VBA, SQL or other equivalent basic programming knowledge. Previous experience with financial and reporting systems such as Anaplan, TM1, Cognos, Oracle, Tableau or equivalent is a plus.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities:
- Assist in gathering and interpreting reporting requirements from internal business customers.
- Assist in designing, standardizing and automating dashboards and reports using a variety of systems.
- Troubleshoot, validate, and test new and existing reports to ensure data completeness and consistency.
- Maintain report lists and distribution lists and keep them up to date.
- Generate and distribute reports in a timely manner according to a predetermined schedule, including daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist in generating presentations and reporting packages involving revenue and expense for budget, forecast and actuals.
- Become a subject matter expert within FP&A on Anaplan, TM1, Cognos, Tableau and other sources of data/reporting.
- Work with IT and other partners to develop a new allocation engine for allocating shared services and other overhead costs across various business segments.
- Help to develop, update and maintain allocation parameters.
- Provide training to other FP&A members on use of reports and systems. Assist with questions other FP&A members may have when creating their own ad-hoc reports
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Passionate and curious about data, and can construct visualizations of financial data
- Strong technical, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative, system thinking and finance skills
- Self-driven, detail and process oriented with desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to understand new business and financial models quickly with less than full information
- Performs well under pressure in both team and individual settings
- Collaborative work style. Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments; Ability to build relationship and trust with local and remote colleagues
- Must be flexible and adaptable in ‘real-time’ process work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Data Analytics or related financial discipline required
- One or more years of experience in data analysis, finance, or other relevant experience
- A basic understanding of financial statements and GAAP accounting is desired
- Previous experience with Anaplan is desired
- Advanced spreadsheet modeling and maintenance in Microsoft Excel required
- Requires excellent understanding and use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Cognos, Tableau or other business intelligence/reporting system experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial planning tools such as Anaplan, TM1 or equivalent is preferred
- Technical/programming experience in VBA, SQL or another language is a plus
Okay, so what’s next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered. ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Veterans. ResMed participates in E-Verify. The Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Notice of Right to Work are available for your review. ResMed is a smoke-free workplace.