Location: Singapore – Loyang Crescent and Tuas
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
The Operations team partners closely with ResMed’s five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to our customers
Let’s talk about the team and you
We are seeking for experienced Engineering Assistant to support production in a high volume manufacturing environment based at Loyang office.
ResMed is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative products for the diagnosis, treatment and management of respiratory disorders. The company has experienced sustained and significant growth since inception. One of the principal contributors to this growth is innovation reflected in a commitment to producing world-class product lines. The global competitive environment is becoming more difficult which is resulting in a greater emphasis on innovation and a cost effective approach to achieving market leadership through technological advances.
• Technical assistance for assembly level operators to fix production jig, fixture, equipment and layout
• Assist production with 5S and OH & S improvements
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
• Assist engineers to test new hardware/software prior to production implementation.
• Execution of validation protocol.
• Assist in the routing of documentation for approval
• To install, qualify, calibrate, maintain & document manufacturing test equipment/systems as required for production line.
• Liaise with external calibrator and/or maintenance provider, for test fixture or equipment that requires external calibration and/or maintenance.
• Registration of new fixture or equipment into Calman Manager
• Assemble new test fixtures or systems.
• Liaise with vendor on jig, fixture & equipment modification.
• Production Label printer support
• Perform other tasks as requested to assist the business reach and maintain its goal
• Understands the manufacturing and test processes and uses logical and analytical thinking to resolve issues
• Experience in Electrical, Electronic, Pneumatic and Mechanical devices and systems
• Ensuring minimal downtime on manufacturing lines, this may necessitate working flexible hours Document Test outcomes clearly and succinctly
• Ensures compliance with Quality & safety Standards
• Stay on top of changes
• Ability to work independently
• Good analytical skills
• Basic Soldering skills
• Technical Report writing skills
• Applicant with robotics and automation experience will be an added advantage
• Applicant must be willing to commit 12-hours shift work pattern (Day or Night Shift):
• Work hours: Permanent 12 hours night shift (7.30pm to 7.30am)
Shift pattern: 2332 pattern (2 days work, 3 days off, 3 days work, 2 days off) Monday to Sunday
• Institute of Technical Education with minimum 2 years’ experiences.
• Graduates in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electronics Engineering Diploma, Electronics Certificate or equivalent with minimum 1 year experience.
• Experience in supporting volume manufacturing
• Experience in Medical Device manufacturing industry
OK, so what next?
At ResMed, we believe in supporting, inspiring and developing our people. So we recruit the best and then give them the tools to make a real difference in the lives of our patients. We believe that fresh thinking inspires innovation – and our shared success. If this sounds like a place you would like to work and you have the drive to transform and enhance the lives of millions of patients through your contribution at work, then today is your day! Apply now!